Re: [MiNT] VM or not VM... UVM?

Standa Opichal wrote:
Otherwise we will end up fixing every single
application just as the ucLinux guys do for non-MMU targets

So, let's compile ucLinux packages for MiNT ;-)

I knew this was coming ;)

I will just add 'And fight the same static stack insanity on and on'. But certainly this could be the way to get 'the right source to port' till there is any VM.

I am sure you know all this, but anyways. These days this only pays off then one is developing a very limited purpose distribution that does its particular things well (like routers, VoIP phones and such gadgets), but not for general purpose machines.

Mikro? What is the real state of your UVM work? Would you be willing to publish it?

STanda
I've started laying a framework for VM in one of my kernel trees. I'll probably need a bunch of help on the assembler side of life with context switches and such.

Thanks,
Mark