Re: [MiNT] Defaulting CVS_RSH

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Keith Scroggins wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, David Brownlee wrote:

	Currently MiNT defaults CVS_RSH to rsh, which doesn't exist in
	the default distrib. Most other systems have changed it to
	default to ssh. Not a big issue as most people use other SCM
	systems nowdays anyway, but is it worth someone fixing?

I do not think this can be changed because not all MiNT systems have the ability to run ssh since a 68020+ CPU is required......

I could be wrong.....

	It can be overridden by setting CVS_RSH=rsh in the environment
	(For my case I set CVS_RSH=ssh to get it to update over ssh),
	I was just wondering if it made sense to adjust the default...

	ssh should run on a 68000, though you may need to adjust
	ConnectTimeout or select Protocol 1 unless you have plenty
	of patience. (NetBSD/sun2 runs on 68010 based sun2 machines
	and includes ssh).