Re: [MiNT] NFS server

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Lars Schmidbauer <latzmaster@gmx.de> wrote:

> One more:
> -findutils/updatedb: How can i exclude drive A:\ and P:\ and perhaps some
>  folders from the updatedb-scan? I tried "updatedb --prunepaths='/a /p' ",
>  "updatedb --prunefs='a p' " and some other variations of path-syntax.
>  Did i make a mistake? What's the correct input syntax here?

"updatedb --prunepaths='/a /p'" should work, what's exactly happening?
why do you think it doesn't work?

If you think it doesn't work because you're getting something like
this when running updatdb:

"find: /a Not a directory"

This doesn't mean that updatedb is trying to add /a contents in the
database. First "find"  tries to get information from /a but if no
disc is inserted doesn't find any and complains. The decision to
include /a contents comes later.

The problem that i have when including prunepaths is that i'm getting
"bus error" when updatedb is finish, but i think the job is done with
the database.

Another thing, don't trust locate to search in your gemdos partitions,
updatedb uses "find" command without the "-noleaf" option so it
doesn't include all files an directories in the database. For ext2
partitions works fine.