Re: [MiNT] EmuTOS for ColdFire

Lonny Pursell wrote:

It's not that hard to port stuff, once the tool chain is in place.  It's
just a recompile more or less. It all comes down to the right tools.  If you
are already using 'C' you will have a nice head start.

That's why I work hard on the toolchain. It opens doors.

I also think this can be viewed as a stepping stone.  The work done on
porting the system would help later to move it to a different processor.  It
forces the sources to be cleaned up, especially the assembler parts.

I totally agree. Of course, I would prefer to port Atari stuff to another recent, faster CPU. But the ColdFire is the easiest one to start. And the only one with the same assembler that 680x0. The cleanup we will do for ColdFire will be reused if we switch later to another totally different CPU.

--
Vincent Rivière