Re: [MiNT] osbind.S ?

Frank Naumann a écrit :
The new syscall stuff was intended to replace the manual written bindings. It was almost finished from my side.

My suggestion is to get the syscall stuff uptodate and let the generator generate the bindings. I'm sure it's much less work to modify the generator in one place to get correct complete bindings for 68000 and Coldfire.

The syscall generator use the same syscall description input file like the FreeMiNT kernel. So adding new system calls to FreeMiNT kernel and MiNTLib is very easy.

Ok, this is clever.
So we have to get rid of osbind.h and so on, and improve the syscall generator to automatically generate them. Since you have already done most of the work, it will probably be easy to complete it (as a further improvement of the MiNTLib).

The only file which annoys me is osbind.S. It is neither useful, neither related to the syscall generator. However, it is compiled and included into the MiNTLIb (so it would require ColdFire patches). It is probably an artifact of some ancient ages. Do you agree to remove it completely ?

--
Vincent Rivière