Re: [MiNT] EmuTOS for ColdFire

Am 02.05.2009 um 13:23 schrieb Vincent Rivière:

I know that, but is a CodFire between a 68000 and 68010? That is what I don´t understand.

Something which hasn't been mentioned yet, but is very important in my opinion when it comes to TOS/MinT compatibility:

Although running MC680xx programs on a CF v4e CPU requires a CPU emulation library, this is not absolutely necessary the other way round. The Coldfire instruction set is more like a subset of the 680xx instruction set than an enhancement and, with some care (only using adressing modes and instructions which are available on both processors), it should be possible to write programs which run natively on 680xx as well as Coldfire processor architectures (although they might not run as fast on the older architecture than they would if written exclusively for them).