Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire : DONE !

4 jun 2009 kl. 17.20 skrev Vincent Rivière:

By adding compiler support for new CPUs, I want to provide the developers with the tools ready to use for producing several binaries of their software, fully optimized for the different CPUs. So I hope that people who will release ColdFire binaries will release also binaries for 68020+ and 68000, if it makes sense.

Ok, it makes sense.

I didn't understand exactly what Didier did (I asked him yesterday for precisions). By patching an executable, it is possible to replace 1 Line A call by 1 trap, but there is not enough traps for all the Line A functions (if I remember well). Using automatic memory patching in the OS would be tricky, if not impossible, because the Line A opcodes bytes (ex: $A000) could appear somewhere in constant data, these ones should not be patched. And I don't know how to decide automatically if the bytes must be patched or not.

AFAIK Didier only implements support for $A000 though some TRAP. This is often enough, since there are tons of apps which only retrieve the variable list, without using any of the other line-A opcodes (I noticed this when coding my userland emulator - GFA apps do this for example).

-- PeP