Re: [MiNT] Finding ppid

Helmut Karlowski skreiv:

I should have been more precise. I need to find the ppid of ANY process, not just the calling process.

There is a "dirty" way. Like the old top does. It uses /proc and Fnctl.

You will have access to the kernel-structure proc then.

Yes, I've seen this. I couldn't find ppid in the available structure, but that's probably because I didn't look hard enough.

But I would also like to know whats wrong with /kern. Is it too slow?

Basically there's nothing wrong with /kern. If this is the way to go, I will use it. But parsing text is slower and generates more code than if the information was available "un-encoded".

Jo Even