[MiNT] symlinks and hostfs

Hello.

I have noticed that symlinks are seen as regular files on hostfs :-(
This can be verified easily by using "ls -l"

In most situations, symlinks are normally treated as the file pointed to, except with the lstat() function used by ls.

The lstat() implementation is here:
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mintlib/unix/lstat.c?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
The implementation using MiNT syscalls is in __sys_stat()
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mintlib/mintlib/do_stat.c?rev=1.11&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Since Fstat64() does not seem to be implemented in hostfs, we fall back in Fxattr().

The implementation of Fxattr() is here inside sys_f_xattr():
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/sys/dosdir.c?rev=1.27.2.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

And unfortunately the parameter "flag" set to 1 indicating that the attributes of the symlink itself should be read is ignored :-(

Actually, I would be happy to use ARAnyM without any ext2 image, but these limitations are annoying.

Since the UNIX file API is provided by the MiNTLib and properly implemented in the hosts Linux/Cygwin/OSX, we should manage to get something satisfying...

--
Vincent Rivière