Re: [MiNT] Alt keymap (Ozk: Read this if you're here!)

on 8/30/09 1:53 PM, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> Jo Even Skarstein skreiv:
>
>> Just tried this on my Milan, and the samme happens here. It applies to
>> the scancodes 0x02 -> 0x0d. I assume this is a MiNT-problem, I will take
>> a look in keyboard.c.
>
> Ok, found this:
>
> /* Ozk:
>   * Scan codes between 0x02 -> 0x0d are modified by 0x76
>   */
> if (scan >= 0x02 && scan <= 0x0d)
> scan += 0x76;
>
> This is done in the IKBD-handler in keyboard.c when ALT is pressed. Why?
>   I could easily modify KeyEdit to add 0x76 to the scancode to these
> keys in the ALT-tables, but I really would like to know why the scancode
> is altered in the first place. I have never seen this documented anywhere.

Unfortunately ozk's e-mail addresses bounce.  Far as I know he is
unreachable at this time.  However he appears on IRC once in a great while,
but then is idle and non-responsive for several days.  Not sure why he even
logs in there.  I have tried many times to msg him with no replies.  In fact
he is there now, idle as I write this.  ;-(

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/