Re: [MiNT] XaAES:update:CONFIGVARS

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 September 2009, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> > be undone with a single keystroke. So if I have inadvertently added a
> > blank line, or removed the blanks at the end of a line that finally
> > does not require any change, I can revert it very easily.
>
> This is a good practice if you are providing not so big changes. Some
> sources need a clean-up some time, and if you do that the path-file will
> contain things that dont have any impact on the code. Else it would get
> more and more confusing to understand the code.

It's good practice to have whitespace changes separate from functionality
changes.  That way the changes are easier to review on submission and
to bisect on regressions that are found only later.

Even better, if you need to do white space changes, use some automated
tool (like indent) so that the change is easily re-producible/verifiable.

> I personally did not think of keeping the diffs as small as possible.

The size doesn't matter so much as changing only what's relevant
for the co. issue and keeping separate issues / features separate.
 :-)

	- Eero