Re: [MiNT] gdb crashes

Alan Hourihane a écrit :
It's o.k. found it. It crashes when using stripped binaries.

Fine, finally it's a small bug, it will probably be easy to fix it.

By the way, I've been working hard for a week to understand deeply the binutils, I'm quite comfortable with it now 8-)

Since the BFD library is shared between the binutils and gdb, this part should be ok for future ports of gdb. gdb 7.0 has been released recently, I didn't look at the sources yet.

However gdb is more complex than the binutils, because it has to interact with the target OS (while the binutils 'simply' works on binary files). I lack some knowledge, especially on the MiNT OS calls.

I plan to release an improved patch for the binutils soon, maybe I will work on gdb after that.

--
Vincent Rivière