[MiNT] g++ bug or is my build enviroment not sane?

Hello,

  Recently  a friend wanted to compile a c++ program he has written on the PC to
  his  Falcon.  After  a bit of digging around we managed to compile the program
  successfully,  but  we noticed something weird: turning on -O2 while compiling
  resulted  in  only the first console input (read by cin) to be read, while the
  rest  were  read  as  blank  (presumably,  you  don't  get  a  chance to enter
  anything).

  I  sat down and reduced the code to a fragment that isolates this behavior and
  attached it here.

  It  compiles  and works fine on my Mingw installation.

  The  test  machines  are a Falcon with CT63 installed, and a PC running latest
  aranym.  Both  machines  have Mikro's 4.4.1 gcc port and 2.19.1 binutils. Also
  both  machines  have  latest  mintlib installed (from alan's site). And, to be
  absolutely sure, I recompiled mintlib from CVS yesterday and retested with the
  same results.

  Is  this  a  known g++ bug, is my build enviroment(s) problematic, or is there
  something wrong with the code?

  (If it's the last, many apologies :))

--
Best regards,