[MiNT] Cross-GCC for Ubuntu

Hello.

Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" has just been released, I have profited of this opportunity to compile all the latest cross-tools for it, and to bring up my Debian repository !

I'm not familiar with building Debian packages, and I didn't test very much, but it seems to be mostly OK. You can try it right now safely, you will not break anything on your favorite OS.

Instructions:

1) The only supported OS is Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" for i386 (32 bits). It may work on other Debian flavors, too, try it at your own risks.

2) Add the following lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list file:
deb http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/debian/ karmic contrib
deb-src http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/debian/ karmic contrib

3) Update your packages list
sudo apt-get update

4) Install the cross-tools packages (one big line):
sudo apt-get binutils-m68k-atari-mint mintbin-m68k-atari-mint gcc-m68k-atari-mint mintlib-m68k-atari-mint pml-m68k-atari-mint gemlib-m68k-atari-mint Beware: My packages and repository are not signed, you will get a security warning about untrusted package source. You can safely ignore it and proceed to the installation.

5) Use the cross-compiler immediately !
m68k-atari-mint-gcc hello.c -o hello.tos

I plan to put more detailed instructions on my website, but since it will take some time, I prefer to tell you about this right now.

Enjoy !

--
Vincent Rivière