Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:59 PM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

>> This thread seems to have spark quite a fire
>
> I guess you intended to post this to the list?

yes, thanks, mint list does not contain a Reply-To like highwire list
does, so I forget to change the reply address often..

>> Has anyone had these same issue when NOT using Taskbar or another
>> "active task list" type program?
>> (it may be that the problem just shows up with a taskbar like app)
>
> It could possibly be related to the use of appl_control(), however I have
> not seen this problem at all on my Milan and I'm using Taskbar heavily. I
> see that Thing 1.27 and qed suffers from this problem. Has anybody seen this
> with any other programs?

I may have, I cant remember the apps, but I was having the same
problem (with popup boxes), it may have been one of the arc apps that
come with AFROS, or maybe it was RSM or GEMview, sorry I am guessing..
but I was getting it regularly at one point, and those were "my
regular apps"

>> Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start looking in the code?
>
> Run a debug kernel/XaAES and see what happens. I seem to remember some debug
> messages related to focus.
>
> Jo Even
I will try this soon, as I have succeeded in adding some more
extensions to 1.16.3, and I will try Lonny's algorithm to get the
pixel format working again, so it will be nice to see "glorious
shades" or "attractive textures" when it works.

By the way I have compiled XaAES 1.17 and using it with the kernel
from AFROS 8.12, everything is fine atm (unlike the screen shot of the
latest kernel build from August), except the pixel format issue. I
will try it out some more and see if I cant get these issues (focus)
to show up again.

BTW, I am not using Taskbar on Easymint, and have not had any focus
issues either

from what everyone is detailing, it sounds like these two issues are
related (popup and menu). When I get a chance I will do some tests
with Taskbar and zTask, and maybe multi-strip, and see what the
results are.

Is this issue limited to 1.17?

Paul