Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 07.12.2009, 10:47 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:
>
>> I seriously lean toward this idea, simply because current builds of
>> MiNT & XaAES (1.17) are not usable in ARAnyM.
>
> You cannot claim that XaAES isn't usable just because of that
> pixel-detection!

this is NOT pixel detection problem:
http://paulwratt.110mb.com/atarist/mint/1.17-cur/cvs-20090828/

I had already posted that link..

>> BTW I get E0E000 for red+green
>
> Anyone has some more? ;-)

it does not fix the pixel detection problem, just allow recognition of
non FFFF00 returns. There are already functions that cover "standard"
pixel formats and convertion..

this would mean having individual pixel related routines for each and
every variation, which was NOT nessescary with XaAES in 1.16. If the
pixel detection (screen or texture) had any serious flaws, it would
have shown up before now, and before 1.16.3 dev was discontinued..

>> Again, how does use of "vq_scrninfo()" in XaAES impact on MiNT when
>
> MiNT has nothing to do with vq_scrninfo.

out of context.. see..
>> used with other VDI's. XaAES is going through some upgrades and bug
>
> vq_scrninfo could be used in the next version if there is fvdi, else
> the old method that seems to work with nvdi. But I already suggested a
> possible way for all. In the end a working vq_scrninfo should be supplied
> for all VDIs like Lonny suggested.
>
> -Helmut

It seems NVDI is the main reason as to why "vq_scrninfo" is not used,
so yes it should be "fixed" in some way

BTW what is the likelyhood of getting NVDI sources (is there a need,
with fVDI still being developed, or is pass-thru for printer support
still valid)

Helmut: I get the feeling that Johan has not been on this list, at
least not while you have be posting, until now..

Paul