Re: [MiNT] Mikro GCC 4.4.2 build Library Paths

Hi,

On Monday 11 January 2010, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> I figured this out because I was building something that used this path
> in the la file to try to find the library.  I'm not sure why because if
> you look it seems to specify what that library depends on.

Right.  But .la files should be purged from the packages created from
a source build, there are more appropriate methods for declaring
the dependencies.

One reason why they're evil is that at least in in systems using shared
libraries, they cause also indirect dependencies being directly linked into
the binary which means that the directly dependencies dependencies cannot
be remove/changed.

This is bad from package management point of view on such systems.
I'm not sure how much of a problem this could be on a system using
static libs.

	- Eero