Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.4.3

Hi,

On Sunday 31 January 2010, Paul Wratt wrote:
> > i have  a  recent  Mega4.  it is in the shop waiting for someone to
> > tell my tech  how  to connect the power to the ICD controller.  but It
> > is  a working  68000. if that is  any help.
>
> According to Alans work, mint should be bootable on a 68000
>
> In theory it should be possible to boot on Hatari emulator, but if it
> is anything like STEem emulation, mint will fail.

MiNT should boot fine in Hatari (and of course in Aranym), but you need to
install & run it from a hard disk image.  MiNT installs its own GEMDOS
handler, so Hatari GEMDOS hard drive emulation naturally cannot work.

I've tested both 68000 and 68030 versions of MiNT on Hatari.  Memory
protection has to be disabled because Hatari doesn't support MMU
(like Aranym does).

	- Eero