Re: [MiNT] how to build native gcc for coldfire/68020

Miro Kropacek wrote:
    configure --host=m68k-atari-mint CFLAGS="-mcpu=5475 -O2
    -fomit-frame-pointer -s"

This wont work for multilib targets or? (we'll get -m68020-60 -mcpu=5475
expression for example)

Do not mess build, host and target options.

Let's assume you already have a cross-compiler on your build machine.

You want to produce a cross-compiler that will run on ColdFire. So you have to add -mcpu=5475 in CFLAGS (because these are the CFLAGS for the host = the machine on which the cross-compiler you are building will run).

Then that cross-compiler (running on ColdFire) will be able to produce code for all the multilib variant, as usual, using for example -m68020-60.

The main idea to understand is that the CFLAGS used to build the cross-compiler are not the same as the ones used to build the target libraries. Unfortunately, as it is a bit complicated, some packages messes the CFLAGS, so we have to be careful.

--
Vincent Rivière