Re: [MiNT] C++ cout bug

Mark Duckworth wrote:
I am running latest builds of gcc 4.4.2 and binutils from vincent's site (well the gcc 4.4.2 is from mikro's site) and I still have the cout bug. All output stops after cout an int... Any ideas?

This bug was actually in the binutils and has been fixed in binutils-2.19.1-mint-20091017 and later.

Virtually all the C++ libraries built with older binutils >=2.17 are wrong. In the case of the cout bug, libstdc++.a is the culprit.

When a huge bug like this is fixed in gas, every binary must be rebuilt, including the libraries. I have rebuilt all the binaries on my website using the fixed binutils, and now it works well.

As quick test, you could extract the libstdc++.a file from my GCC Cygwin binary package and install it on your system. Since the GCC versions are the same, it should be OK, but beware of versions mixing.

And a quick advert for my history page:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/history.php

--
Vincent Rivière