Re: [MiNT] rpm brace expansion

On 1/17/10 1:44 AM, Paul Wratt wrote:
I found this from a 2004 post of a patch:
-mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/{etc,usr/X11R6/bin,usr/X11R6/man/man1,usr/bin,usr/man/man1}

-# can't use make install here. It would put manuf directly into /etc
-cp ethereal $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/X11R6/bin
-cp tethereal $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin
-cp editcap $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin
-cp ethereal.1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/X11R6/man/man1
-cp tethereal.1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/man/man1
-cp editcap.1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/man/man1
-cp manuf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
-cp dictionary.dtd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
-cp dictionary.xml $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
-cp mobileipv4.xml $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
-cp nasreq.xml $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
-cp sunping.xml $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
+make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install

Its an ethereal spec file patch from 2004, but it implies the use of
"make install" instead of "mkdir -p" and the resulting cp's
http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200406/msg00173.html

You might find other useful info here:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=%24RPM_BUILD_ROOT%2F{bin%2Cusr%2Fbin%2Cusr%2Fman%2Fman1}

Yeah meaning the package builders have been using bash as the main shell. That's fine with me, I really don't care I just wanted to know that this is acceptable to all rpm builders. It doesn't matter much at all to users. I'm trying to not make too many unilateral decisions while rebuilding sparemint because I don't want to step on any toes. We also need to keep old sparemint around. Some packages have patches that I don't understand to source that doesn't exist today. These are packages I don't use so they aren't particularly important to me (groff for instance) but they may be important to someone else.

Thanks,
Mark