[MiNT] mono (was: Re: QED)

Hi Paul!

WRT mono... tried to port it on several occasions and then gave up. Got to the point the mono CLI was dissasm working. But not the interpreter, not talking about the JIT itself. Two basic common things missing in our kernel for easy ports: virtual memory (and the libc mmap()) and threading (pthreads).

Somebody should provide these for FreeMiNT on the CF machine (and perhaps on 040/060) or you risk porting modern packages will always be great pain + rarely ever a possibility for upstream
acceptance.

Standa