Re: [MiNT] trouble with mintlib + gcc 4.4.2

The culprit is not gcc 4.4.2, it is... you, of course :-)
Because you have installed gcc in /usr/local instead of /usr.

rpcgen is stupid and does not look for cpp in the PATH.
Instead it searches it in the following directories:
- /usr/bin
- /usr/ccs/lib
- The directory specified by the -Y argument
True, true, I totally overlooked it.

I propose the following change:
In mintlib/sunrpc/Makefile, replace the rpcgen-cmd variable by:

rpcgen-cmd = $(srcdir)/rpcgen -Y `which cpp | sed -e "s,/cpp$,,"`

If it works, we should commit it, as it allows to compile the MiNTLib with gcc (and cpp) installed in any directory.
Hmm, I wanted to make a patch but by testing I've found strange error. After isolation of problem I came with this:

file Makefile:

all:
        echo `which cpp | sed -e 's/\/cpp//'`

when I run this on easymint as "make all", I get:

/bin/sh: alias: command not found
/usr/local/bin

Does anybody know where that "command not found" comes from? It does not happen in linux.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org