Re: [MiNT] Mint Newbie!

Hi,

What I'd realistically like is the the most cut down, streamlined Mint set up possible (memory wise and usuage wise)

Basically all I'll be using Mint for is transferring files to my PC, I'm not interested in groovy looking GUI's or even the multi tasking opportunities (old-school!).
All you need is mint.prg in auto folder + some files / directories + correctly set mint.cnf. You can take a look at AFROS (aranym.org) or my uMiNT (mikro.atari.org) how to set minimal network setup. Maybe even opposite way (i.e. running FTP server and using FTP client on PC side) would be worth of trying (much more user friendly).

Btw that errors you've mentioned may have another cause... for the start, I'd install easymint, with some luck (and without GUI) it could fit into 4 MB setup... then you can start experiments.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org