Re: [MiNT] XaAES+nvdi-et400

Am 08.01.2010, 22:58 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:

But now I know: There is a way!

-Helmut

and that way is ...

I wanted to wait with this until the release is ready. I don't think it can be incorporated there.

Currently the way looks like this:

I open a physical wk before mint by an AUTO-folder-prog and leave it open. Then MiNT boots in the required resolution, and XaAES only opens a virtual wk. This works, but is not very comfortable to install and configure, because you would have to tell the opener which driver to use, and XaAES has to know the handle of the physical wk (which is most probably 1 but you never know). Also there are some issues in XaAES regarding physical and virtual handles, that come first.

The problem seems to be that under nvdi-et4000 a physical wk can only be opened by a prog that is run directly out of the AUTO-folder or from the atari-desktop.

So I would probably like to add this to the kernel  ...

-Helmut