Re: [MiNT] dos fsck

Am 21.01.2010, 08:12 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

What do you want to check on an empty drive?

You would probably want to check your data *before* you back it up. I used to do the same as you - backing up the partition, wipe it (but

Ah, the old times ;)

I've probably made similar experiences (days of constantly dying hard-drives). Since then I

- make incremental backup once a week (so on the average 3 days are lost in case of crash)

- wrote a tool to scan sectors for patterns

But the last two is long ago. I have everything except C: on ext2 or VFAT, and that is quite reliable.

--
Helmut Karlowski