Re: [MiNT] mono

Hi,

On Tuesday 02 February 2010, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> How much runtime-speed-increase would you expect from -O2 vs. -O0 on a
> normal program? 50%? I estimate max. 15%, but I don't really know.

Gcc -O0 produces really non-optimal code (it's literal translation of C-code
with variables in stack instead of registers etc) so the difference is
usually noticeable, but it all depends on the use-case.

I have seen *50x* speed increase in a thing that did graphics operarations
using multiple static function calls per pixel.  Without optimization they
had function call overhead, with optimization they were optimized mostly
away.

	- Eero