Re: [MiNT] Correct steps after installing EasyMiNT

Am 30.01.2010 10:55, schrieb Miro Kropacek:

    May i ask you for your build? Or is it on your site already? (Will
    look in a few minutes)

It isn't but I've uploaded it here (still I'd like to see official RPM,
not only mine):

http://mikro.umpc.sk/private/mintlib-0.59.0-1.src.rpm
http://mikro.umpc.sk/private/mintlib-0.59.0-1.m68kmint.rpm
http://mikro.umpc.sk/private/mintlib-debug-0.59.0-1.m68kmint.rpm
http://mikro.umpc.sk/private/mintlib-profile-0.59.0-1.m68kmint.rpm
http://mikro.umpc.sk/private/mintlib-devel-0.59.0-1.m68kmint.rpm

They are compiled on easymint + gcc 2.95/binutils 2.13 + mintlib 0.58,
just to make sure it was made as 'official' as possible, i.e. no gcc4 yet.

Thanks!

    I would like to compile stuff from linux sources. For example, i
    prefer Rhapsody IRC over irssi. I wasn't able to compile Rhapsody
    myself, somone on #atariscne luckily was. On eof the programs i want
    to use on Atari (its an X11 app) needs GSL math pack (or NASM which
    is for x86 only). GSL needs gcc newer than 3.1, on my previous
    install even that didn't work, although i had gcc 4.4.2 (probably
    had wrong binutils back then).

Console stuff is mostly OK but beware, X11 is very, very outdated on
Atari, not to speak it's only kind of fast hack, so you can bump to more
troubles than you've ever imagined :)

Yeah, X11 is outdated and, lets say "experimental" - but it runs x-Chat on my Falcy, not too bad. Xaos however should work with aalib as well, lets see...

Beetle