Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT

On 2/2/10 3:06 PM, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On Tuesday 02 February 2010, Miro Kropacek wrote:
The Sparemint website is looking a bit stale with no package
updates in years and years.
You've replied to yourself ;-)

One big trouble with RPMs is their are pain in ass to cross compile.
Personally, I don't do a shot without cross compiler nowadays -- so many
libraries to compile / test / recompile and so much time saved...
One possibility would be to do the RPM builds in e.g. Aranym using distcc
which calls the cross-compiler on the host machine to do the actual
C/C++ compilation.

My initial tests show that this works fine too. I just haven't had a chance to finish it and prove that it works perfectly. Plus my mac pro at work is more than fast enough for my rpm building needs for now.

Thanks,
Mark