Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT

Hello p,

Back up your drive before proceeding then?

>  Then later installing Easymint on top was worse. I even
> tried to reduce the risk by installing it on a second drive
> but Easymint didn't quite cope with that and put some stuff on
> the first drive. It took several days to get it working again
> and a week or two to get it sorted half decently.

Again, back up before proceeding?

> Maybe you guys have several systems and are prepared to wipe
> one but what if you only have one Mint install ?

Personally  I  have  a  few  systems  set up, but I have the following

a) Back my current Falcon's drive up and then try Alan's distro
b) Take  one of my old 20gb drives, format it up and install it there,
leaving my current system intact
c) Wipe my mint partition and install there (all my data is on another
partition anyway)

I don't know what system are you using, but if you have a falcon,
buying a cf to ide or sd->ide adapter and the appropriate 4gb card
will set you back for about 10 eur at most.

P.S.  Out  of  interest,  which  e-mail client are you using? When you
reply  to  threads  on  this  list,  my e-mail client (The Bat!) can't
thread   your   replies   properly   (probably  because  it's  missing