Re: [MiNT] [OT] SATA slim to IDE

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:14:54 , xavier.joubert@free.fr wrote:

> Hello Jean-Luc,

Hello Xavier,

Thank-you for the link to the cable. I wouldn't have paid attention
to it, if I had seen it on websites - and I'm sure I did! -.
I made some more searches on the net, and I could find similar devices
that I could order in one single shop at once. So, I bought :
http://www.pearl.fr/cables/cables-informatiques/s-ata-e-ata/cable-sata-slimline-all-in-one-2-pin-power-5v_TG1177.html
http://www.pearl.fr/composants/disques-durs/accessoires/convertisseur-ide-vers-2-disques-durs-sata_KT1778.html
http://www.pearl.fr/composants/disques-durs/accessoires/convertisseur-peripherique-ide-vers-carte-mere-sata_PX2023.html
+ some molex Y cables.
Now, I only miss a 40 points M/F cable, so I can connect item 2 to my
IDE 2.5/3.5 socket. I hope I'll find it soon.
And, no, I can't just connect the device on to the socket, because of
the PSU that lets only 2 cm of free space.
Even with all this stuff, I'm far from the price I would have had to
pay for the IDE to slimSata adapter (near 100 euros with VAT and
customs clearance).

J.-Luc