Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

On Mon, 10 May 2010 16:03:34 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

> > > Enable memory protection. If you're using stuff that requires mp to be
> > > disabled you're asking for trouble. MP would perhaps catch this problem
> > > before the AES/kernel is destroyed.
> > >
> > > Jo Even
> > >

> > In an ideal world I would but Ming won't start with MP on and
> > even Shutdown that comes from Easymint (I think) won't run with
> > MP.
> >
> > With such fundametal stuff not working with MP, I never bothered
> > to use it.
>
> Then try again with MP on!

Thing won't start but I think if it is manually started then
it runs.

Has the daily build got the St-Gude fix ?

> I have it always on on my TT (aranym sometimes for test-purposes).
>
> If you insist to use apps that cause a memory-violation then I'm afraid you'll be
> stuck to your old system.

Almost all Atari apps are old and we are trying to get multi-tasking
unfriendly ones to work ;-)

> The sanity-check in d_g_progdef is at least 4 weeks old so you should
> have seen it before, I've never seen it fail here.

I seldom look at the boot log. I didn't know it was there until a
few weeks ago.

I presume those errors are from the bug that affected ST-Guide.

> I cannot reproduce your errors because I don't have the
> software/environment, and bug-reports a la "when I click here it
> crashes there" are not really heplful.

I know it was a rubbish error report but after the 20th hard crash
I wasn't able to see a common factor and I was getting bored waiting
for the disk checking every reboot.

Has anyone ever looked at ext3 ?

Peter