Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

On Mon, 10 May 2010 20:18:19 , Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> >> Then try again with MP on!
> >
> > Thing won't start but I think if it is manually started then
> > it runs.
>
> Thing and Ming has always worked with MP for me. You are running
> something else that just happens to crash Thing. Post a ps-dump and your
> mint.cnf- and x_aes.cnf-files here and someone will most likely find the
> source of your problems.

What is a ps-dump ?

Mint.cnf

# MINT.CNF erstellt von EasyMiNT Installer am 17.10.2007 um 18:56:08
#
SLICES=2

# filesystem cache (kb)
# more memory increases the filesystem speed
CACHE=4096

# enable VFAT (long names) for this drives
# (can be changed in runtime by FSetter too)
# ide 1 = C D E F g h i
# ide 2 = J K L m n
VFAT=G,H,M

# enable write protection for this drives
# (can be changed in runtime by FSetter too)
# WRITEPROTECT=
#
# completly remove drive B:
# HIDE_B=Y
#
cd u:\                                   # do not remove. Some items run by Easymint need to be in u:\
#
# Links for EasyMiNT
sln i:\bin    u:\bin
sln i:\lib    u:\lib
sln i:\etc    u:\etc
sln i:\home    u:\home
sln i:\usr    u:\usr
sln i:\tmp    u:\tmp
sln i:\var    u:\var
sln i:\sbin    u:\sbin
sln i:\root    u:\root
sln i:\opt    u:\opt
sln i:\mnt    u:\mnt
sln i:\boot    u:\boot
echo
ren u:\usr\bin\aes      u:\usr\bin\xxxx
#sln c:\n_aes\m_aes.sys  u:\usr\bin\aes
sln c:\mint\1-16-cur\xaaes\xaloader.prg  u:\usr\bin\aes
echo
echo set drive R: as ramdisk
alias R: u:\ram
#
# Environment
setenv PCONVERT PATH,HOME,SHELL
setenv UNIXMODE /brUs
setenv PATH .;u:\bin;u:\usr\etc;u:\usr\bin;u:\usr\sbin;u:\sbin;u:\boot\mint\bin;c:\xaaes

setenv HOSTTYPE atari
setenv VENDOR atari
setenv OSTYPE mint
setenv MACHTYPE m68k
#
###setenv HOME u:\home
setenv TMP u:\tmp
setenv TEMP u:\tmp
setenv TMPDIR u:\tmp
setenv TERM atari
setenv SLBPATH c:\gemsys\slb             # added for fmks
setenv cmdebug true
#
# Autostart programme
exec c:\mint\fpu__2m.prg
echo
# Filesystemcheck (mandatory)
exec u:\c\mint\bin\sh u:\c\mint\bin\fscheck.sh
echo
#
# Timezone (mandatory)
setenv TZ GMT-0BST,3.5.0,10.5.0
exec    u:\sbin\tzinit -l
echo
#
# Additional tools
# Draconis to MiNT-Net gateway
# exec u:\usr\sbin\mgw
echo
# Disable when using STiNG
echo Gluestik - STiK/STiNG to MiNT-Net gateway
exec u:\usr\sbin\gluestik
#exec C:\MINT\GLUESTIK\GLUESTIK.PRG
cd u:\
#
# INIT=file
# GEM=file
# Specifies the command you want the FreeMiNT to run at boot up
# time. The 'file' should be a full path name (the default is the
# software available with no pathname, i.e. the GEM in ROM). Both
# INIT= and GEM= specify an initial program to run, but the way the
# program is launched is different depending on whether you say
# 'GEM=' or 'INIT='. With the former ('GEM='), the application is
# launched via the exec_os vector (see the Hitchiker's Guide to the
# Bios). With the latter form, the application is launched directly
# via Pexec().
# Only one 'GEM=' or 'INIT=' line is permitted in the MINT.CNF file.
#
echo Setup complete, now booting system...
echo
#INIT=c:\mint\1-16-cur\xaaes\xaloader.prg
INIT=u:\sbin\init

Xaaes.cnf

# XAAES.CNF created by EasyMiNT
# This is only a rudiment CNF file, just that things come up!
# It's highly recommended to have a look at the original CNF file!!
# There are much more options and explanations!
# You will find it under c:\MINT\1-16-CUR\XAAES\EXAMPLE.CNF
#
# Environment variables
#
setenv ACCPATH        c:\ACCS
setenv ACCEXT        ACC,ACX
setenv GEMEXT        PRG,APP,GTP,OVL,SYS
setenv TOSEXT        TOS,TTP
setenv TOSRUN        u:\opt\toswin2\tw-call.app
setenv SDL_VIDEODRIVER    gem
setenv HOME        u:\home
#
# naes_cookie (default is no)
#
naes_cookie = yes
#
# use $HOME in shell_find
#
usehome = yes

# menu = <string>               (default is 'leave')
#
# <string> can be 'pull', 'push' or 'leave'
#
menu = push

# double click time (ms)
#
#dc_time = 35

# mp_timegap = <time in ms>     (default is 3)
#
# Mouse packet time-gap. This is the time (in 200hz timer ticks) that
# must pass after a button-release event before a new button-press
# event is accepted by moose.adi. Because of unstable mouse-buttons,
# a button-press may follow immediately after a button-release, creating
# and "extra" mouse-click. This is especially annoying when releasing
# the right-button after a drag-session (Thing's directory-window, for
# example), and the "extra-click" fires some unwanted action.
#
#mp_timegap = 5

# Swap left and right mouse buttons. Setting 'lrmb_swap = yes' will make
# XaAES swap the left and right mouse buttons.
#
#lrmb_swap = yes

# redraw_timeout <time in ms>   (default is 500)
#
# redraw_timeout. This is the time in ms XaAES will wait for clients to
# service WM_REDRAW messages between actions that generate redraws,
# like moving/closing/opening/etc. windows. If a client is busy and this
# 'times out' happens, it is marked as lagging and XaAES will service the
# redraws for it. When this happens, XaAES just draws the areas not
# serviced with dark gray color until the client re-enters evnt_multi().
# For slow machines, this timeout must be higher (longer) than on faster
# machines.
#
redraw_timeout = 2000

# popscroll = <value>           (default is 0)
#
# Set number of lines of a popup above which it will be made scrollable
#
#popscroll = 16

# menupop_pids = <bool>         (default = 'no')
#
# Setting menupop_pids = yes makes XaAES list its clients in the client-list-
# menupopup using the following format;
#
# "  PPID(RPPID) -> PID Client nice name"
#
# where 'PPID' is the physical parent-pid of the Client (which is the AESSYS).
# 'RPPID' is the Process ID of the process that called shel_write() to start
# it, it is the "Real Parent PID". 'PID' is the Process ID of the client.
#
# If set to 'no' (the default), only the client's nice name (when available,
# else its 'proc_name') is listed.
#
#menupop_pids = yes

# popup_timeout - Time in milliseconds before popups opens.  (default = 10)
# popout_timeout - Time in millisecods before popups close.  (default = 1000)
#
# With these two configuration variables you can configure menu/popup
# navigation to your liking. 'popup_timeout' sets the time in ms XaAES's
# menu/popup navigation waits before brining up the attachment for a given
# entry when mouse hovers over. 'popout_timeout' sets the time in ms before
# an entry's attachement is closed when mouse leaves, unless mouse enters
# another entry with an attachement in which case that new attachment is
# opened according to 'popup_timeout".
#
# In normal AES menu/popup navigation it is possible to click, and select,
# a menu or pop entry that has an attachment. However, to be able to implement
# decent navigation, XaAES behaves slightly different from other AES's now;
#
# Single click entry without attachment - select it, like normal AES
# single click entry with attachment    - open it immediately,
#                                         like on most other GUIs
# Double click entry with attachment    - select it, like single-click on
#                                         normal AES
#
#
#popup_timeout = 50
#popout_timeout = 1000

# toppage = bold or faint
#
# NO EFFECT
#
#toppage = faint
# THE IMPLEMENTATION IS NOT DEFINATE AND ONLY PARTIAL AS OF NOW!!!
#
# alert_window is a bitmask indicating which alerts coming via the
# alert pipe will be shown in a window. The idea is that this mask
# is used to tell the AES which alerts you want like this;
#  bit 0 set -> show alerts with no icon
#  bit 1 set -> show alerts with INFO icon
#  bit 2 set -> show alerts with QUESTION icon
#  bit 3 set -> show alerts with STOP icon
#  etc., etc.
#
# Because there is no consideration as to which icon is used
# (for example, kernel's PROCESS KILLED alerts have icon #1, the same
# as used for other warnings/informative ALERTS), the implemention
# is not complete. So for now use this to either turn off or on alerts
# altogether. To turn on alert windows, use a mask where all bits are set,
# 0xffff, and to turn off clear all bits, 0x0000
#
#alert_windows = 0x0000

# icnfy_orient = <value>        (default is 3)
#
# This controls how XaAES arranges iconified windows. Currently the
# following orientations are available;
#
# 0 - Iconified windows are stacked top -> bottom starting at the
#     top/left of the screen. When one column is full, the next
#     column is being used.
# 1 - Iconified windows are stacked top -> bottom starting at the
#     top/right of the screen. When a column is full, windows are
#     stacked in the column to the left of the filled one.
# 2 - Iconified windows are placed in rows going left -> right starting
#     at the top/left of the screen. When a row is full, the row below
#     the current one is used.
# 3 - Iconified windows are placed in rows going left -> right starting
#     at the bottom/left of the screen. When a row is full, the row above
#     the current one is used.
#
# If you bit 8 in icnfy_orient value is set, then the starting position
# will be reversed. This means that for orientation 0, the windows will
# be stacked bottom -> top starting at the bottom-most position instead.
# Using a hexadecimal value is easy for better readability;
#
#icnfy_orient = 0x003   # Start at left/bottom of the screen and go towards
                        # the right/bottom.
#icnfy_orient = 0x103   # Start at right/bottom corner and go towards
                        # windows towards the left/bottm corner.

# icnfy_width  = <value>        (default is 72)
# icnfy_height = <value>        (default is 72)
#
# These sets the width and height of iconified windows.
#icnfy_width = 80
#icnfy_height = 80

# icnfy_left = <value>           (default is 0)
# icnfy_right = <value>           (default is 0)
# icnfy_top = <value>           (default is 0)
# icnfy_bottom = <value>           (default is 0)
#
# These variables dictates how far from left, right, top and bottom edges
# of the screen the iconfied windows should be placed. This means that
# if icnfy_left is set to 4, iconified windows are always placed minimum 4
# pixels off the left edge of the screen. If you want to protect the area
# of the taskbar, for example, you can use icnfy_bottom = 16, for example,
# as that makes sure iconified windows never get closer to the bottom of the
# screen than 16 pixels.
#
#icnfy_left = 0
#icnfy_right = 0
#icnfy_top = 0
#icnfy_bottom = 16

# icnfy_reorder_to = <time in ms>  (default is 0)
#
# Setting this to a nonzero value will make XaAES rearragne the currently
# iconified windows when an iconified window is uniconified or hidden.
# This will also, later on, reorder iconified windows when an application
# that quits had iconified windows.
#
#icnfy_reorder_to = 100

#
# next_active = <string> (default is window)
#
# <string> can be 'client' or 'window'.
#
# Selects wether the previous active application or
# the owner of the previous topped (or only) window
# should be set active upon client termination.
#
next_active = client

#
# app_options = appname,argument1,argument2,...
# These are good app_options settings that I (ozk) use atm
#
# app_options = appname,option1,option2,...
#
# This will let you configure application specific things.
# There are two special appname's you can use, one is 'default'
# and the other is 'aessys'. 'default' is used to set GLOBAL
# configuration which affects all applications. A 'default'
# configuration have to be specified first.
# With appname being 'aessys', you can specify configuration
# for the aessys's windows, like taskmanager, etc.
# All other appname's are considered to be individual applications,
# and settings for 'autos401' will only affect that one application
# whose filename is autos401.[prg,app,gtp] or whose nicename is
# autos401. "autos401" is Autosort v4.1, btw.
#
# Here's a quick overview of the currently available configuration
# options, default settings mentioned goes for both aessys and the
# default values each application will use until changed;
#
# A <bool> value can be 'true','false','on','off','yes','no',
# '1' and '02
#
# A <value> must be a decimal value (for now).
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# windowner = <bool>      default: false
#
#     Will make XaAES show the name of the application
#     owning the window in the window's title.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# nohide = <bool>         default: false
#
#     Windows will not have the HIDE widget, and thus cannot be
#     hidden.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# xa_nohide = <bool>      default: true
#
#     Windows containing form_do() sessions will not have
#     the HIDE widget and thus not be hidable.
#     Autosort is one application that cannot have its
#     form_do() session hidden (or moved)
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# xa_nomove = <bool>      default: true
#
#     Windows containing a form_do() session will not be
#     moveable. Autosort is one such application.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# noleft = <bool>         default: false
#
#     Windows can not be moved offscreen to the left.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# thinwork = <bool>       default: false
#
#     The "inner" 3d-effect is disabled. This 3d-effect 'frames'
#     the work-area of windows in a 3d-ish frame.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# nolive = <bool>         default: false
#
#     Disable live window move/resize/etc.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# winframe_size = <value>  default: 1
#
#     Set the size of window frame. A value of -1 sets
#     "overscan windows", which contains no frame or shadowing.
#     It is not recommended to set a value of -1 yet!.
#     A value of 0 will make windows without any borders.
#     positive values make window-frames larger.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# naesff = <bool>         default: false
#
#     N.AES Full Fix;
#     When naesff is set true, XaAES will send full WM_REDRAW
#     message when all four window coordinates change, which
#     happens when windows are FULLEd. This will fix redraw
#     problems with apps like Jinnee.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# inhibit_hide = <bool>   default: false
#
#     Setting this will prevent it from being hidden by XaAES, which
#     is very handy for applications like Taskbar, etc, that one
#     regards like "system apps".
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
# clwtna = <value>         default: 1
# (Close Last Window Tops Next App)
#
#     Selects what to do when the last window of a client on top is closed.
#     This argument takes a value, 0, 1 or 2, which have the following
#     meaning;
#
#     0 - This keep the client whose last window is closed from being
#         untopped. This prevents XaAES from topping another
#         application when the last window it owns is closed.
#     1 - This will top the owner of the window below the closed
#         window. That is, the owner of the window previously ontop
#         will be topped. This is the normal behaviour found on
#         other AESs.
#     2 - This will top the previously topped client, regardless
#         of windows. Even when the previously active client dont
#         have any windows, it will get topped.
#
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# This default setting will make XaAES look closer to n.aes, but
# will require precision when grabbing the window border for
# resizing :)
app_options = default,thinwork=true,winframe_size = 0,xa_nomove = false
app_options = aessys,thinwork=true,winframe_size = 0,xa_nomove = false
app_options = jinnee, naesff = true
app_options = thing, winframe_size=2, naesff = true
app_options = ming, winframe_size=2, naesff = true
app_options = taskbar,inhibit_hide = yes, clwtna = true
app_options = amail, naesff = true
app_options = mymail,thinwork=true,winframe_size = 0
#app_options = highwire,winframe_size = 0

#
# The following will keep the desktop, taskbar and toswin2 running after
# a ctrl-alt-a action
#
ctlalta_survivors = "toswin2 ", "strngsrv", "_aes_shell_", "taskbar "

# kill_wo_question = <list of app-names>
#
# 'app-names' is the filename part of the program file, padded with
# spaces to fit 8 characters. This is NOT the 'nice' name. So, if your
# Toswin2 binary is named "tw2.app", you use "tw2     ". Each app-name
# is separated with comma.
#
# This will allow you to specify applications which should be killed without
# question during shutdown. It is necessary because many apps dont react to
# the AP_TERM message, leaving the AES waiting for a maximum amount of time
# each time the user wants to quit or change resolution. Very annoying for
# the user, to say the least! Applications found in this list will be
# brutally killed immediately, so make sure you dont add clean apps to this
# list!
# Application authors: Make sure your apps dont end up on this list! :)
#
#kill_wo_question = "procalc", "mintsett"
#
kill_wo_question = "ST-Guide"

#
# widgets = <file>
# resource = <file>
#
#resource = xa_mono.rsc
#widgets = widgets\homwdg.rsc
widgets = widgets\styl_wdg.rsc
#widgets = widgets\nine-ozk.rsc
#widgets = widgets\baroqwdg.rsc
#widgets = widgets\ronb_wdg.rsc
#widgets = widgets\magicwdg.rsc
#
clipboard = c:\clipbrd\
accpath = c:\accs\
launcher = u:\opt\toswin2\tw-call.app
helpserver = HYP,ST_GUIDE,c:\accs\st-guide.acc

# cancel = string,string
#
cancel = cancel,abbruch,annuler,avbryt,anuluj,afbryd,undo

# filters = mask, mask, ...
filters = *.*, *.[atpg]*, *.[chs]*, *.l*, *.o*

#
# start any other programs with run
#run <path>\<application>

# system shell
setenv AVSERVER   THING
setenv FONTSELECT "DESKTOP "
setenv THINGDIR C:\MING\
setenv FONTSEL    THING
#
setenv BROWSER u:\d\INTERNET\HIGHWIRE\HIGHWIRE.APP
##setenv WWW_CLIENT u:\d\cab2_7\cab.app             # used by AtarICQ and IRC
setenv WWW_CLIENT u:\d\internet\highwire\highwire.app      # used by AtarICQ and IRC
setenv WWWHOTLIST u:\d\cab2_7\hotlist.htm
setenv BUBBLESPATH u:\c\bubbles\avbubble.app
setenv PILOTRATE 115200
setenv PILOTPORT /dev/ttyS3
#
#shell = u:\c\mint\1-16-cur\teradesk\desktop.prg
shell = u:\c\ming\thing.app

run c:\gemsys\apps\mltistrp.app
run u:\opt\toswin2\toswin2.app
run c:\bubbles\Bubbles.app