Re: [MiNT] Re-naming accs

On 5/15/10 3:59 AM, Alan Hourihane wrote:
On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 08:44 +0200, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Am 15.05.2010, 08:19 Uhr, schrieb Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de>:

Am 14.05.2010, 23:28 Uhr, schrieb Alan Hourihane<alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:

On FAT I have this too. So maybe it's a bug. Remove works.

Ext2 works.
It's a kernel bug that's already been fixed on the trunk.
I can't find it in the diffs. Which particular patch is it?
trunk-kernel has the bug too.

#cat t
set -x
./sleep.ttp 333&
mv sleep.ttp xy

t.out:

+ set -x
+ ./sleep.ttp 333
[1] 32
+ /bin/mv -iv sleep.ttp xy
`sleep.ttp' ->  `xy'
/bin/mv: cannot move `sleep.ttp' to `xy': Permission denied
And looking at the code it's purposely done that this should fail with
permission denied. I'm not sure why though. It's an easy fix. Look at
fatfs.c and the function fatfs_rename() and the first #if 1 statement
should be made into #if 0. Try that and see if it helps.

Alan.
I recall reading something long long ago suggesting that if you rename or delete an executable on a fatfs partition while it is open, corruption results. I could be way off base but that's what I am remembering.

Thanks,
Mark