Re: [MiNT] INI : File not found - The return!

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 07.05.2010, 23:11 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Luc CECCOLI
> <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>:
>
>>> Now when you run this under 1.17, SYSDIR is set to 1-17 and the
>>> 1.16-loader starts the 1-17-XaAES.
>>>
>>> When you remove the 1-16-loader the file (the loader) is not found.
>>
>> Well, IIRC, this didn't happen when upgrading from 1-15-* to 1-15-**,
>
> In 1.15 there is no xaloader.
>
>> nor from 1-16-* to 1-16-**, though the folders were different.
>> This only happened when upgrading from 1-16 to 1-17.
>
> This would indeed be contradictory to my theory.
>
> But I don't know easy-mint and I can't spy your hard-disk.
>
> Maybe the folder-names in 1.16 where always 1-16-cur.

there were different folder names, but 1-16-cur does work

>> All was done by EasyMiNT. Without telling me. :-/
>
> I think this should be fixed by EasyMiNT.

it would just be a rename issue, who is looking after easymint atm?

>> If I understand what you mean, I have to copy xaloader into /usr/bin,
>> instead of xaaes (aes doens't exit here), that's correct ?
>
> Yes, with the name listed in ttytab.
>
> --
> Helmut Karlowski

the simple solution (from my trials with multiple installs on ARAnyM/AFROS)
would be to make /usr/bin/aes a link to /c/mint/xaloader.prg and then either
copy the relevant xaloader, or make it a (changing) link to the
correct xaloader

there is no one way to do this, I have a script system to change between
1-16-cur & 1-17-cur, but I can also swap between different versions of 1-17
via script. The correct version is load because each mint version has its
own .cnf, with its own relative xaloader

The system I use is a combination of copying & renaming files,
and/or sym links. the renaming of copied files is simply to provide a single
file name that the .cnf files can reference, the exact version is recorded into
a text file, that the scripts use for info.

Because of ARAnyM, I do the same thing with TOS/EmuTOS roms, one file
called current.tos.rom

BTW, I have never got any 1-17 xaaes/xaloader to work properly with 1-16,
as too many thing have changed in MiNT kernel ..

If everyone here is using EasyMiNT, then a simple solution that can be
"clicked" should be possible with script and not to much hassel.

Paul