Re: [MiNT] ftp server

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:23:44 , "Ole Loots" <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Do, 3.06.2010, 22:03 schrieb Peter Slegg:
>
> > bash-2.05a# ftp localhost
> > Connected to localhost.
> > 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
>
> You should try netstat - make sure the ftp port is open.
> It's good to start the ftp server manually for debugging purposes... I
> assume you know where the binary is located.

With portmap and inetd running:

bash-2.05a# netstat
Active TCP connections
Proto  Recv-Q Send-Q Local-Address        Foreign-Address      State
Active UDP connections
Proto  Recv-Q Send-Q Local-Address        Foreign-Address      State
UDP         0      0 *:sunrpc             *:*                  CLOSED
UDP         0      0 *:syslog             *:*                  CLOSED
UDP         0      0 *:1023               *:*                  CLOSED

> Maybe inetd is the better way, but mprobably ftpd starts by typing: ftpd ?
> ( I don't know how your ftpd binary is named...)

ftpd isn't found so I am starting it with /usr/sbin/in.ftpd

Peter