Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT wiki (Was: Re: UNIXMODE defaults)

Hi,

On Friday 09 July 2010, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> I have to admit that I spent last night drinking beer and programming in
> BASIC on my recently aquired Sharp MZ-700 ;-) I added some guidelines
> and did some minor edits to the wiki tonight.
>
> The URL is http://wiki.sparemint.org/
>
> Please read the guidelines before you start editing. And please don't
> wreck it :-) Remember that it's supposed to be a documentation of the
> FreeMiNT project and SpareMiNT, not a discussion forum.

Thanks, I read through it (+ did some really minor edits).

I have some comments about couple of the pages (mailing here
as I'm not sure the wiki discussion pages are best for this kind
of stuff :-)).

* http://wiki.sparemint.org/index.php/Links

  Maybe this could also list some developer tools, like toolchain
  (gcc, vbcc?), debugger etc?  Or should those even have their own
  page listing different gcc & gdb versions and pros & cons of each
  version (memory usage, missing features...)?

  Listing console apps (tos2win, conholio) might be nice too.

* http://wiki.sparemint.org/index.php/Create_a_patch

Does anybody use quilt for managing multiple overlapping patches
that need to be applied in specific order:
	http://linux.die.net/man/1/quilt
?

* http://wiki.sparemint.org/index.php/Bugtracker

This could have a template one should use when creating a bug
(if Mantis itself doesn't support bug templates).  Something like:
------------
VERSION:
<software version, build/config options etc)

HARDWARE:
<emulator, real machine etc>

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
<details how the issue can be reproduced>
1.
2.
3.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
<what should happen>

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
<what actually happened>

OTHER INFO:
<enabled auto folder programs, accs etc>

	- Eero