Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Am Mittwoch, den 07.07.2010, 01:42 +0200 schrieb Peter Persson
<pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>:

> You're right in the sense that the number of VDI pens is limited to 256,
> but you only use those pens for drawing primitives (i.e. lines, text
etc).
> The colour definition for each of those pens is nearly 30 bits
> (1000*1000*1000 theoretical colours). However, you don't use pens to
> convert/blit graphics which should be displayed on screen!
>
> You just need to know the pixel format of the current screen. Then you
> render your stuff to a buffer using that pixel format. When redrawing
the
> window contents, you blit from that buffer to the screen.

Ok,...

but just knowing the pixel format is not enough - i will have to implement
a bunch of conversion routines...
I wouldn't wonder if 50 different pixel formats for the Atari exist....

This begins with additional graphics cards, some of them maybe use Big
Endian, others Little Endian.
Some of the Ataris use interleaved Planar, other GFX cards maybe use just
planar ( maybe...).

Then there will be different input formats ( maybe this is already
converted by netsurf into an generic 32bit format) which would mean I have
to implement all blitting functions several times (for all kinds of
inputs).

Seems it's just the way it is, I have to deal with it...

Greets,
Ole