Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

7 jul 2010 kl. 01.16 skrev m0n0:

> Yes, the screen output works, but the VDI color definiton is to small to
> use 32 bit values. And I think it's doesn't even support 16 bits.
> VDI's definiton of an color is: "an index into an palette". So I'm limited
> to use the colors of this palette. I expect the numbers of colors to be
> very low...
> an 16bit / 32bit Gfx card will offer much more colors than the VDI
> palette.

One more thing. The VDI pens are afaik global, so you shouldn't really be messing with them unless you have to - because it will affect other applications as well (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the behavior I've seen on the standard VDI at least).

Again that shouldn't really be a problem, at least not for a project such as Netsurf. You most likely just need to blit stuff from a buffer to a window, right?

-- PeP