Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

12 jul 2010 kl. 23.33 skrev Eero Tamminen:
> I added that kind of support to wterm in 1998, and looking again at that
> old code...

Cool.

> I don't see how application would need to know about the pasting. If
> terminal application specifically requests mouse events to be reported,
> it already needs to be handling cursor changing position.  And paste
> just goes to current cursor position.

There are several modes. X-term has a mode for mouse highlighting. I haven't looked into it, but I'm under the impression that it's supposed to be used to select text/information on the application level.

Pasting is a nobrainer though, and a "dumb" copy/highlight function shouldn't be tricky either.

> As to selection and copying, what is in control of selection, Conholio
> or the application?  If it's not Conholio, how it can even know what could
> / should be copied?  If selection is controlled by Conholio, I again don't
> see any problem (application doesn't need to know about copying as
> it doesn't affect the terminal contents).

I think it depends on the current mouse mode.

> 	- Eero
>
> [1] wterm/wvt were the terminal programs for the W window system
>     (which was done initially for MiNT as more lightweight X replacement):
> 	http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/open.shtml#wws
>
>    This terminal had its own terminfo&termcap terminal name & entry.  While
>    it was VT52 compatible, it implemented some features also from XTerm.
>    Main (VT102) omission was support for scrolling regions which would have
>    sped it up quite a bit I think.

I chose to mimic the Linux console, mainly because A: I don't have to deal with termcap etc, and B: it has some of the features from X-term (and I don't feel like implementing too much from the latter at this point).

>   Maybe the wterm/wvt code is still useful to you.  If you have any
>   questions about it, just ask. :-)

Thanks :) I'll have a look.

-- PeP