Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Hello,

----- "Jo Even Skarstein" <joska@online.no> a écrit :
> You are both wrong and right. The VDI "pens" (palette) is global in
> colour-index mode (palette mode). In truecolour modes it's per
> application.

In fact, it's per VDI virtual workstation, as one application can open several virtual workstation at the same time to efficiently switch between workstation attributes.

> And it's OK to change the palette even in palette mode, as long as the
> first
> 16 colours are not touched.

This is because the first 16 pens are reserved for AES usage. You may modify them (I mean the colours of the first 16 pens) in palette mode if you write a fullscreen VDI application. In this case, you must of course restore them before releasing the screen to the AES.

Regards,

Xavier