Re: [MiNT] Keyboard-problem with XaAES helmut-branch

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

>>> Now I can "repair" it by clever Ctrl-Q-pressing ;)
>>>
>>> Press Ctrl-Q when taskbar does console-output!
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if this can really be solved, it's the old
>>> RAW/COOKED-problem.
>>
>> It does not happen with an older version of XaAES. With a kernel from
>> September and the current XaAES it does happen. I have yet not (IIR)
>> tried an older XaAES with the current kernel.
>>
>> Anyway, there must be a solution. Ctrl+S is probably the third most used
>> (after Ctrl+C/V) key-combination used in GEM apps.
>
> I've found the reason: Console is set to COOKED by XaAES during init,
> because else
> there would be no \n->\r\n-translation in the console-window. You cannot
> have both.
>
> But you can issue
>
> stty -F /dev/console raw
>
> for taskbar or do the same from inside taskbar.
>
> --
> Helmut Karlowski

good work here guys, a lot of hard work by the looks of it.

1) can we expect a new version of TaskBar soon?

2) is there a permanant fix to COOKED/RAW issue, and does it only have
this effect (keyboard issues)

Cheers

Paul