-----Original message-----
From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>
To:
Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>
Cc:
Stefan Niestegge <beetle@abbuc.de>, mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Sent:
Sat, Aug 7, 2010 16:29:29 GMT+00:00
Re: [MiNT] 1.17 Release - Call for documentation updates !

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 18:05 +0200, Miro Kropacek wrote:
> > The daily builds have been available for quite some time, that's more
> No, they are not, we see every day how there's missing this or that or
> some random build error occurred etc. I want full package with all
> docs, RSCs, themes etc to be reviewed. Now it's just another update
> with very few testing. Personally, I never downloaded those builds. I
> want to test real release candidate.

I can't believe you don't use these, or at least have been building the
code yourself. I really do not see a need for release candidates
delaying an already delayed release.

> > than sufficient for RC. So I'm really going for 1.17 now.
> Do what do you find as most appropriate, it was just a suggestion.

I announced a week ago about my intentions, and now people a day before
the release want to call for RC's ?

> > want to hold up releases calling them RC as we don't have enough people
> > testing anyway.
> There were at least 3 more people who volunteered to put extra work in
> RC testing. How many people test daily builds?

O.k. This is only going to delay stuff and if you say 3 more people
volunteered, then I'm not going to release tomorrow now.

I see the daily builds for those wanting to do RC testing as it has
everything bar the docs. As you want to review RSC and themes which are
already in the daily builds - please go ahead.

I put out a call for help with documentation updates and I see that
those will also take a bit of time.

I'll take a step back and see what other comments come in. But no rush
folks, there's no release (or RC) tomorrow.

Alan.