[MiNT] trunk-09082010 file structure / content

Hi,

before making any tests I'd like to propose a few changes to current
build (which we call now RC, right Alan? ;-)

- deactivate all kernels by default (i.e. making them .PRX or
whatever), user can depack archive and reboot, without reading
anything, he will see some error about bad CPU and he might not be so
motivated to investigate why it happened

- use only kernels from 1.16.1 -- 000, 030, 040, Milan and Aranym.
There's no point of using 117 (020-60 = 020+ FPU, no difference to 030
as kernel doesn't use FPU) coldfire (who uses it?) or even debug
kernel. Who wants a debug version, he need to be motivated to
contribute somehow and we all agree it's best to use (future) trunk
debug build then instead of some release debug build. 040 is
essentially equals to 060, at least right now, it will start to differ
when Motorola's sources will be included and used in CT60 kernel (for
FPU / unimplemented instructions emulation).

- same for XaAES builds, 'ozk' and 'debug' shouldn't be there, a fact
'xaaes.km' is build for 030 isn't emphasized anywhere, 040/060 -->
same ones, we don't need both of them

- don't include all CVS documentation, at least until some cleanup is
done. Basically, it's just random collection without (nearly) any
structure in various stages of completeness. I'd vote for including
user manuals / readmes / config skeletons for mint, xaaes and kernel
modules, nothing more. Developer docs can be restructured later, I
don't believe there's a person who ignores CVS / source tree and needs
those docs.

- mimic and extend "driver" folder from 1-16-1, i.e. not only include
3rd party modules (assemsoft, ct60 (!) ethernec, ... ideas welcomed)
but also xdd and xfs to amplify a fact these are equal to use (i.e.
copy to mint folder when desired) and sort them by some key (target
machine perhaps?)

- extend "tools" folder, I know in 1-16-1 aren't all included but I
think we should fix a build where possible and include all possible
tools (I fixed some of them, if there's still time / interest, I can
contribute with a patch) OR to fix them and release them, along with
freemint, as RPMs

I could do all of this dirty work but question is how to contribute?
It's mainly about copying something to something, renaming, deleting,
shorting a filename to 8+3, ... I see only 1.17 readme is in CVS. Is
it ok to "repackage" current trunk following scheme above and post a
link here? What do you think? I'd fix also some doc bits.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org