Re: [MiNT] Samba client

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 19:51:47 , Zoe Stephenson <zoe@daeghnao.com> wrote:
> Samba is usually set up to query names using WINS rather than by using
> the local system to find the IP address of a hostname through
> gethostbyname.  This can be a big issue for Linux users, I wonder if
> it's a similar issue we're having with MiNT?  I am on my way to setting
> up for DHCP and Samba, so I'm suddenly quite interested in all this...

Hi Zoe,

Getting dhcp to work was quite easy. It seems to over-ride the static
config stuff set-up by mint's boot scripts.

I think all you need to do is install dhclient and make sure you have
the file /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhclient

Then add the a dhclient line in /etc/sysconfig/net.services

What is puzzling me is why I briefly had samba working over a dhcp set-up
and now it's not working.

Peter