Re: [MiNT] 1.17 startup & shutdown issues

> What's in your xa_boot.log? Does XaAES terminate correct?  What VDI do you
use?

LOL, I am a bad boy, I normally turn off xa_boot.log for speed.
but I turned it on this time round to log something.

Log file = http://phsw.110mb.com/vid/XA_BOOT.LOG

> Does this also happen without the  suspects?

EXCELLENT WORK !!!

Whatever your fix, the reboot now works when
1. CTRL-ALT-DEL
2. Reboot from Teradesk.
3. Reboot from Shutdown program.

It kills all the programs and sync the disk, umount the disk.
This is a video of reboot from Teradesk.

video = http://phsw.110mb.com/vid/reboot-desktop.zip

The reboot above works with both bubblegem & boxkite running from XaAES startup.
I also put back the sequence of bubblegem & boxkite to start after toswin2 &
taskbar.
The reboot from Teradesk still works without giving any exception.

However, reboot from the Task Manager hangs just before Mint does something
(i.e. hangs before the key presses).

video = http://phsw.110mb.com/vid/reboot-taskmanager.zip

You see the messages goes to the last line on the screen and waits.
If I hit any key, the computer stops responding & I have to hardware reset.
If I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, it will proceed to the Mint "done killing processes"
line.

I put the video on my website because ImageShack did not work well in Chrome.
:-(