Re: [MiNT] Ctrl+Alt+Q deactivated

From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:21 AM
To: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Cc: <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Ctrl+Alt+Q deactivated

I haven't checked the sources, but I'm quite sure it issues a shutdown using
shel_write(). So yes, it asks XaAES to perform a shutdown.

So the shutdown should be performed without alert when issued from an extern app.

The alert should *only* be displayed when shutdown is initiated by Ctrl+Alt+Q/H. Isn't the purpose of this alert to avoid accidental shutdown?

But how can kernel_key be accessed by shel_write? And then it should end
up testing for SDMASTER again.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here. shel_write(SHUTDOWN...) just tells XaAES to start a shutdown (http://toshyp.atari.org/de/008012.html#shel_write). I don't know how XaAES deals with this internally.

How is ALERT_SHUTDOWN set? Should be 0.

What's this?

Jo Even