Re: [MiNT] Ctrl+Alt+Q deactivated

From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 10:14 AM
To: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Cc: <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Ctrl+Alt+Q deactivated

when SDMASTER isn't set, or when create_process fails.

Only when it's not set, else emit an alert.

Yes, good point. If SDMASTER points to a non-existing app, the user must be notified.

Try with ALERT(string); (no guarantee).

Btw. is there an easy way to display an alert from within XaAES? I think it
would be useful to display an alert before shutdown or exiting all apps
(Ctrl+Alt+A) to prevent accidental use of these shortcuts.

I tried to do this for the normal shutdown, but it never worked reliably.

Look for ask_before_shotdown or similar.

Thanks, I will look into this.

Jo Even