Re: [MiNT] mp and shutdown

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 16:07:45 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

> Am 10.10.2010, 15:11 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Luc CECCOLI
> <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>:
>
> > When using Taskbar, one only needs to right-click the bar, click
> > shutdown and then depress Enter or click Shutdown - which is far
> > very faster (when it works ;-) ) as it needs only 3 actions
> > against 6 when using the TM -.
>
> What about Ctrl-Alt-F, Alt-H, R or C? Or just Ctrl-Alt-Q?  This is near to
> one action for me.

When it doesn't crash, Ctrl-Alt-F correctly opens the task manager so
I can access its functions.
It first crashed with the following message displayed endlessly :
pid 115 (XaSYS): MEMORY VIOLATION: type=free   RW=rw AA=20596808 PC=205A10E6 BP=115A870
I only could turn the computer off. At the next start, it didn't crash.
Ctrl-Alt-H or C open the corresponding drive letter, and R does nothing.
I think you had fixed this in a previous release, IIRC after a couple of
mails with me. Funny it wasn't included into the Trunk...

> Why does the taskman-shutdown not work for you?

Shutdown works correctly. It's just Reboot and Cold Boot that have
the same result : a cold boot.

Regards,

J.-Luc