[MiNT] __free: assertion s == q failed

Hello,

I often encounter the assertion s == q failed during
execution of my gem version of netsurf...

I think this is my fault somewhere... double free or
heap overflow etc... but how would I make that sure?

I'm posting this to the list because I believe this is
the same assert that happens in make from time to
time, isn't it?

With my current build, I get this very often... it
doesn't take a minute and the assert fails... It even
happens when I believe none of my calls to free is
called. (maybe free within the cache subsystem of
netsurf, which is pulled all the time...).

I tried gdb but it seems it doesn't support mcheck :(
Is there any other way how to obtain the caller of
free at this time? When gdb pops in because of the
assert, it's already to late because the program
already received sigkill, when I do backtrace, I just
see several hundred of backtrace values on the
stack... And I assume sig handlers are executed within
an other context than main() ...

Would it be of any worth, if I provide the aranym
image with this buggy program?

Anyway, how would you try to find the caller?

And... last but not least: I rebooted several times
and made sure the bug is persistent ;)

Greets,